We integrate the tools of Traditional Chinese Medicine with modern techniques to improve the overall physical and mental health of our patients thereby increasing fertility. A healthy body and mind = healthy fertility and happy hormones!
Ultra fine needles are inserted into specific points on the body. These points cause hormonal changes which affect the way the body functions. Acupuncture also addresses other problems causing infertility such as Thyroid issues or Anxiety. Acupuncture is clinically proven to increase pregnancy rates through natural conception and assisted reproductive techniques.
At Green Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine, we combine modern evidence-based Fertility Acupuncture protocols with the accumulated knowledge of nearly 5,000 years of Traditional Chinese Medicine. We bring the best of both worlds to help our patients fulfill their dream of starting a family.
We believe the goal of treating infertility is not only just about getting pregnant, but also promoting a balanced and healthy gestational period and encouraging post-partum care for the mother and new baby. We work with our infertility couples to provide the proper amount of support throughout the entire process.
We utilize many tools to treat infertility such as:
- Acupuncture (several forms/types)
- Auricular/ Ear Seeds
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Lifestyle and Dietary Counseling
- Nutritional Supplements
Multiple studies demonstrate that Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine protocols can improve infertility rates by enhancing physiological processes related to fertility.
Channel 5 Fertility Video
How does Acupuncture help fertility?
Acupuncture regulates and stabilizes hormone levels, facilitating the production of follicles and increasing blood flow to the uterus, ovaries and endometrium. Ovarian functioning is improved, resulting in higher quality eggs while reducing the chance of miscarriage.
Acupuncture increases your chances of conception if your infertility is due to any of the following:
- Cervical and Uterine Factors
- Clomid Cycles
- Elevated FSH Levels
- Fallopian Tube Factors
- Immunological Factors
- Irregular Cycles
- IUI/ IVF Cycles
- Luteal Phase Defect (LPD)
- Ovulation Factors
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Premature Ovarian Failure (POF)
- Poor Egg Quality
- Stress and Anxiety
- Thin, Unresponsive Endometrium
- Unexplained Infertility
When should treatment begin?
Treatment should begin as soon as possible. Sometimes several cycles are needed, sometimes more. Acupuncture is similar to physical therapy as it is a process oriented method of medical intervention.
What are the risks of using Acupuncture?
There are minimal risks from Acupuncture for Infertility. Acupuncture is very safe in the hands of a well trained Acupuncturist who specializes in Fertility. However certain points are avoided during pregnancy or when pregnancy is suspected. These points are used in the Induction Acupuncture routine mentioned below.
Is Acupuncture used during Pregnancy?
Acupuncture is highly recommended during the first trimester to prevent miscarriage. Patients are commonly treated for conditions such as Morning Sickness, Sciatica or Back pain where drug therapy can potentially harm the growing baby. We also offer a Pre-birth/ Induction routine starting at week 37 to prepare the body for the birthing process. This routine can reduce labor by as much as 2 hours according to recent research.
How does Acupuncture help with IUI/IVF?
- Improves ovarian function to produce better quality eggs.
- Regulates hormones to produce large numbers of follicles.
- Increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries which increases Ovarian sensitivity to Gonadtropins and prepares the uterine lining for implantation.
- Relaxes the patient’s nervous system.
- Lessens the side-effects of treatment.
- Mitigates the effects of IVF stimulation in the uterus t to enhance implantation and ongoing pregnancy rates.
- Decreases miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy rates.
- Improves semen densities in male factor infertility
- Enhances conception in IUI/ IVF cycles
- Promotes a healthy pregnancy without complications and a healthy post-partum period.
Research shows Acupuncture increases the effectiveness of fertility treatments such as IVF by up to 40%!
Call us today to schedule your Fertility Acupuncture no-obligation consultation. 561-244-5424